Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chapter 7: Making My Mind Up


Chapter 7: Making my Mind Up
            I rolled my eyes. “I’m untamable. Just ask my parents. When they break down the door with a battering ram, just remember that.”
“You are a free spirit and that is what I love about you.” Alistair responded. I rolled my eyes.
Alistair kissed me, hard right on the lips. He smiled at me in his arms “See?” He asked.
I shook my head. “Alistair, I love you, but in a dramatic, passionate way like Romeo and Juliet or Edward and Bella. It is a tragic romance and I have enough stress already.”
Alistair’s eyes welled up with tears. He asked, “Are you breaking up with me?”
“I’m afraid so.” I responded.
He had tears streaming down his face. “I guess if I love you I have to set you free, if you come back, it was meant to be.’
I nodded, solemnly.
I strode to the door. I turned back. Alistair was bawling now. His hands were covering his eyes. I cracked open the door slowly.
“Please go and take my despair with you.” He pleaded through his tears.
When I did so, I pressed my body against the door. “Oh god!” I thought. The mob looked larger than ever.
As I looked among the faces, all I saw were radical supporters of crazy ideas, and killing my now ex boyfriend.
A burly man (who looked like the executioner in my fantasy) came up to me, with a battering ram in his arms. He asked, “Do you want to move?”
“NO!” I protested, “No matter how much Alistair may have a temper my romantic, passionate, stupid, tragic, teenage love for him will still thrive!”
The burly man said “Move over.”
“NO!!” I shrieked.
He knocked me out of the way, only to get stomped on by a stampede of people trying to kill Alistair.
I had a mild concussion. In that mild concussion I realized I made a fatal mistake. Alistair wasn’t fully good, but he wasn’t fully bad. That certainly was not worth breaking up over. I hated that I broke his heart. I looked inside of me. The only thing my head could be sure of was that I love Alistair and my heart beats to protect him. I didn’t just love him for the teenage thrill, because this love is real.
When I awoke, I was alone. I wandered inside. Alistair was laid beaten-up on the sofa. Darcy was strewn on the floor. I ran to Alistair. He seemed in critical condition. I kissed his forehead.
His black eyes blinked open. He smiled. “So it is meant to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment