Monday, September 17, 2012

Chapter 4


I dreamt of her, Lucy was in the sky; I was beside her, on a cloud. She had sparkly eyes and sparkly make-up. She wore a silver dress covered in glitter. Even her golden hair had glitter sparkled in it. She looked like a star. I had a white button down shirt, a red vest and khaki pants. I also had many leather bags. I looked like an adventurer. She looked beautiful. I kissed her. No words were said, though our lips moved. I took out a ring box, that she opened, and saw a small diamond ring. She nodded and kissed me.
Some idiot woke me up. That idiot was my father. “I need to tell you something important.”
“Is it more important than me proposing to my girlfriend, in my dream?”
“Aw! Well, I have a couple days to live.”
“That is why you were being nice to me.” I concluded.
The Leader defended “No, I want you to beat out Colton. You two are going to have an all out war.”
“How are you going?” I asked
“Cancer.”
“Ouch, I really wish I could have known you better.”
“Carson, I have to let you know, you must be a rebel and reformer. The people will choose, and you are the side of change.” The Leader told me.
“Okay. Anyone else I should be fighting against?”
“No. I am going to my room.”
“I am going back to sleep.” I responded. It was like 2:00.
Later, Colton, of all people was nudging me at about six to wake up.
He led me to Dad’s room, where he was laying on the bed, looking very weak. “You both are wondering who gets the inheritance. It goes to whoever can make the other step aside willfully. Whoever gives up last will inherit everything I have. You can either do it peacefully or do a fight to the death. Either way I am happy.”
I asked Colton “Can we start peacefully?”
“Sure.” He responded.
I wrote up a quick not war treaty. “The signed will engage in peaceful war. The signed will not allowed to use firearms, blades, poisons, weapons or bombs, military equipment and anything else in which one could get hurt. Physical fighting is not allowed. One must sign this document with their first name in blood to be held to these rules.”
Colton pricked his finger and wrote his name. Afterwards, he got a Band-Aid. I wrote my first name beside his, in blood. It had to be in blood, so that if a historian asked, blood was shed.
The Leader left the world soon after that.
Colton was crying like a baby. I didn’t feel too bad. “Get yourself together then we have to do a debate.”
I stood in front of the camera “The Leader died today. His funeral will be tomorrow. I never knew him well, so I don’t feel as sad. I will probably sing tomorrow, since I knew he loved it. We are supposed to let you pick your new leader. I want to let you all know if you want to continue in the Leader’s path that he had set when he died, do not come to my side. I am the rebel, as instructed by the Leader. I am supposed to change things. He picked the right person. I would appreciate your support. Signing off, Carson Anderson.”
Lucy stood behind the camera. Tears were in her eyes. “How are you not bawling right now?” She came next to me.
“Other than the Leader died is there any news worth crying about?” I asked.
Lucy asked, “How are you not crying about your father dying?”
“Why are you crying?” I asked.
“I am apparently crying for you.” She responded.
I took her away from the cameras. I took her to the attic. I erupted into a volcano of tears. Lucy just held onto me. She knew what worked.
Lucy whispered to me “I love you.”
I dried my eyes “What?” I asked.
“I love you.” She repeated.
“I love you too.” I responded.
Lucy asked, “Are you sure?”
“Positive. It is the only thing I am positive of.” I replied.
Lucy smiled. “Good.” She kissed me.
A dusty attic became the most romantic place in the entire world in an instant. If I ever had a doubt about her being the girl of my dreams, it was erased. She didn’t give me my first kiss; Alice Adams gave me my first kiss in first grade. Lucy gave me the best kiss of my life to that point.
I gazed into her blue eyes. “I truly love you.”
Lucy nodded, slowly. “I love you too.”
I took her hand slowly. “Will you always be there for me?”
“Of course!” She exclaimed.
I held her. Colton came in on the best hug ever. “Carson, come outside, we need everyone to chose.” He said.
I walked down with him and Lucy.
Lucy and I held hands. I walked out to a swamped area.
The people demanded pictures of us or answers of us or other stuff. It was annoying. I yelled “Anyone who thinks they may like Colton, go to the right! Anyone else, come to the left.”
I got on a higher rock, so they could all see me. Lucy stood by me. I kissed her.
“If you didn’t like that, leave.” I responded. About twenty people moved to the other side. “If you don’t like feet, chanting or gay people, I don’t want to listen to you complain.”
Forty people left, leaving me with ten. They were going to be my ten. “Okay, so now you all will pick out your outfits, and then we will meet up here. Boys come with me, girls go with Lucy.”
There were five males in my group. I got to figure out who they were as they came out of the bathroom stalls.
The first guy who came out wore a pair of skintight yellow pants, really tall boots and a sky blue tee shirt with a white and yellow checked scarf. His brown hair was gelled in a slicked back then to the side thing. He had blue eyes. “Oh these pants hug me so well!” He gawked.
“What is your name?”
“Oh, I’m Char, with a sh, not a ch. It is short for Charles, but that name is too mainstream.” Char responded.
“Did you come up with your nickname?” I asked.
“Oh of course! I was so sick of being called Charlie all the time. It drove me nuts! So, I decided to change it to Char.” Char responded.
Another guy came out, he woe a Who shirt, a leather jacket and black skinny jeans. He discretely walked over to Char and held his hand.
“This is Daltrey Dawson, my boyfriend. I am totally going to steal his last name when gay marriage is legal.” Char explained.
Daltrey smiled at Char. Daltrey almost sent him a telepathic message. He was not big on PDA from my standpoint.
A kid who was about fourteen came out with a hoodie on. His shirt had an ironically placed  sign on his shirt. He wore jeans, regular fitting jeans. He looked at me through thick, black, plastic glasses.
“I am Austin, Lucy’s brother. I just came because the other guy sounded wrong.” He told me.
“That’s cool.” I responded. “You’re welcome here. I just truly love your sister, and you needed to know that.”
“That is fine.” Austin replied.
I will be honest; the other two were completely unimportant. One was Apollo who was an amazingly hot man and John, who just was filler.
We were teenagers, all teenagers. Nobody else would be so radical. We were ready to fight a war.

No comments:

Post a Comment