Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chaper 13: How to be a Gentleman

Chapter 13: How to Be a Gentleman
I ran over to Annie’s house. I knocked on the door.
Hannah answered. “You need her clothes don’t you?” She asked.
I nodded, trying to keep it nonchalant and quick. “Yeah.”
“I’ve got bags packed for about a month.” She picked up a two duffel bags with a sun on them. “This has all of her day clothes.” She handed the duffel bags to me. She picked up two suitcases with a moon on them. “This has her nightlife outfits in there and PJ’s.” She gave me the suitcases, which were huge by the way. How many PJ’s did that girl need? And what the heck does “nightlife outfits” mean?
Instead of posing all the rhetorical questions I just asked you, I said “Great.” Then I posed a more pressing question “So will you join us soon?”
“No.” she said. Her body language spoke a more desirable answer to Annie, everyone else and I. She nodded. “But I have homework, so bye!”
She closed the door on me, leaving me to trudge the couple of yards to my house alone. I was alone, with my thoughts.
My hormonal thoughts were thinking of Annie taking a shower totally naked. I got off those thoughts, since that just isn’t my style. I am a gentleman and a virgin. The term gentleman seems to be old hat anymore. Nobody cares if you are a gentleman all they care is that you have balls, and if you treat women like crap you scrape off your shoe. Or have no respect for anyone but yourself. Being a gentleman is so important to me. And that literally was my thought process. I went from naked love of my life to how to be a gentleman in half a heartbeat.
I checked in on Darcy and David to make sure he was still being the gentle, sweet, caring, respectful person I thought he was. Darcy was sitting at her computer, David in the rolling chair beside her. I hovered over Darcy. She and David were watching a bunch of football players do the Single Ladies dance. Both were laughing like hyenas. I paused the video.
Darcy said “Hey what gives?”
“Cake. Annie and I made it.” I responded.
Darcy looked tortured but David said, “After this is done.”
I decided to check on Annie. She was sitting cross-legged on the bed. She was reading a book on her Nook. I came from behind her and tapped her shoulder. She jumped a bit.
“Hey! I’m reading Frankenstein, keep the sneaking up in bed to a minimum.” She exclaimed.
I mimicked her position. “Maybe you should read something a bit more lighthearted.”
“Well, I am trying to find things that have ties and sorry honey, but Dr. Vian is Frankenstein and you are his monster.” She pointed out.
“Maybe I am just mad for your love.”  I tried to be sexy and it kind of worked. I made her giggle. First rule of being a gentleman: always compliment your girlfriend.
She asked “Don’t we have a cake that is about ready?”
I responded, “Yeah, lets go get it.”
As she exited, I would’ve sworn she was an angel in pink pajamas. Her tangled brown hair cascaded down her back onto a shirt that had a simple white heart with wings on it. The pants matched the shirt, though the white hearts on the pants didn’t have wings. She was worthy of being painted, though a painting could never catch her beauty.
My stupor was only broken by the ringing of the oven, telling me that the cake was done. I stood silent for a couple of seconds, catching my ground, then quickly concluded I needed to run after Annie, so she didn’t burn and or kill herself in the process of taking the cake out.
She hadn’t when I found her downstairs. David and Darcy were at the table, drinking glasses of water, David still stifling an occasional laugh from the You Tube video. I must admit, thinking of football players dancing in David’s head didn’t particularly seem good to me, but Darcy’s heart picked him.
Annie nudged me. We were spreading frosting on the cake. When she nudged me, she asked “Which kind of sprinkles?”
“Whichever ones you want, my love.” I responded. She picked the standard, run-of-the-mill sprinkles.
We all sat down with our slices. I asked, “So how was your day, Darcy?”
“Well David and I made-out for like an hour…” Darcy started
“Well I think that is enough of that.” I responded.
Annie held my hand. I glanced over to her. She smiled at me. Rule number two of being a gentleman: eyes tell all secrets. Every single time Annie has gazed into my eyes, if I had something to hide I would tell her.
David rolled his eyes. “If this is just going to be small talk, can Darcy and I watch the Single Ladies video again?”
I rolled my eyes. I sighed. “Sure.” The two darted.
Annie rubbed her eyes. “I am so tired like you won’t believe.”
“Dido.” I responded.
With that, I put on my flannel PJ’s and then snuggled into bed. My wings had to be extended, with the hand stitching and all. Annie snuggled up close to me. I smiled.
I asked “Aren’t you going to read?”
“In the morning, after I sleep. I am so freaking tired, I just want to fall asleep on your wing.” She responded, drowsily.
I smiled. “Then just snuggle up, close your eyes and just relax. You are safe.” I whispered.
She smiled, and kissed me. Her sleepiness transferred. She was out within seconds, I was about a minute behind her. Best. Sleep. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment