Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chapter 3: The Future

Chapter 3: The Future
         It was a whole new world when I woke. I found myself in a field; I was standing and looking about. I blinked. I found my time machine lying beside me. A year feature was added, it said 2111. I looked around me.
         Beside me there was a forest full of lush trees. Birds, new types of birds were singing. Pigs can fly in 2111 due to the ability to mutate unlike ever before. Of course, old birds and animals were in the forest too.
         To my sides were fields. Horses, pegasui, cattle, normal pigs, but mainly horses roamed the fields. That wasn’t important. There were many horses though.
         To my direct front a humble small town bustled. It was quite quaint. There were a plethora of small shops, all of which seemed to have good business. I didn’t quite get a good look at the people.
         I started for town.  Out of nowhere, literally this guy comes up. 
“Hello.” 
“Hello. Where am I?” I asked. 
He smiled. He looked at my time machine. “Ah, I see you are from the past?” He asked. 
I nodded “2011.” 
“Oh a horrible time for jobs, correct? We revere that as a horrible time. Now this is 2111. You missed a ton of history. Oh, I forgot, before I fill you in, my name is… Oh that isn’t important. What is important is yours."
 “My name is Rosie Thomas.” I responded.
His jaw dropped a bit. “You are Rosie Thomas? My god you are the first girl to ever figure this (he pointed to my time machine) out and tell someone about it who cares. You invented the time machine.” 
“Well, yeah.”
 “It got slightly updated in transit.”
 “I can see.” I responded. 
He told me “I am a whole history buff so I want to know everything about you.” 
“I hate Justin Bieber. Does he hold any sort of legacy here?” 
“Only the hairstyle held up. He is remembered like MC Hammer, for the look and one song.”
“How do you know about MC Hammer?”
 “History buff, remember?”
 “That is really cool.” I responded.
He smiled “I always wondered, when you do this, are you single?” 
“Yeah, of course. Only when pigs fly I’ll get a boyfriend.” I responded. 
           He laughed.  A flying pig crash-landed next to his foot. Wow, canvas shoes never will go out of style. 
The pig got on his feet. “I’m still getting down landing.” 
“True. You’ll get there eventually Snowball.” The guy responded. He said, “This is Snowball. He is a pig. Well, my flying pig.”
I smiled. “Hmm…. Then Mr. Right should be coming soon…” He laughed. I loved his laugh, so sweet and gentle.
          I snapped out of it. “So, will you fill me in, tell me who you are or give me a tour?” 
“My name is Mason. I am a nice guy. I love history, studying, reading, and taking care of Snowball.” He responded. He looked into my hazel eyes, forcing me to stare into his deep dark brown eyes. “There are no more hazel eyes left. The only eye color left is brown.” 
“It is a dominant eye color.” I countered. “Other than that, what happened?” “The world went to war over the last bits of oil. They needed to raise the economy and it was the only way.”
 “So how did it get so nice?”
“All of our guns, tasers and weapons of most sorts were burned. That was how it got so peaceful. Democrats and Republicans found it wasn’t worth it and FOX News was put off the air, it was wonderful. Now we live in a wonderful society, as you can see.”
“What about the population issue?”
“Now they occupy Moon Street, eh, eh?” He responded jokingly. 
I laughed. “Back in my century it is normally changed to rhyme with Wall Street.”
“I know, just… I know it’s lame.”
“But cute.”
“Lame but cute. Okay!!” He responded laughing.
         I swear, his laugh was like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. He was like Weena in the Time Machine. He made the overall feel better and more light and cheery. He was a nerd or a geek and I loved it.
         He smiled “Also all those big corporations that took away from individuals were for the most part torn away. So now every town is like a small town.”
“Oo, I like that.” I responded, with a smile “I would like to go into town.”
         He took my hand and led me to the gate. “I enjoy how much you are… Oh I just adore your work!”
“What, my time machine?” 
“Not just that. You invent so many other things like for example you create the invention that makes pigs fly.” 
“Cool!” I exclaimed.
He smiled “I don’t want to ruin your life by telling you what you’ll do.” 
“Okay.” I responded.
Mason asked, “Do you want to see our city?” “Yes!” I exclaimed.
         Before I continue, you must have a mental image of Mason. He has brown hair I can tell he is tan. Naturally or from sitting in the sun was debatable. As I said before he has deep, dark brown eyes that I can peer into his soul with. He also has a muscular body type. Not a buff figure, but muscular. He had a sweet, honest smile, of an all-around good guy.

1 comment: