Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chapter 2: Journey to the Future




Chapter 2: Journey to the Future
         I grasped the knob on the machine and turned it right. I had to. The fate of science depended on it. I had to be the first sixteen-year-old to go to the future. Well any human in general I’d beat to the future. The opportunity was too good to pass up.
         The actual experience of time travelling was unlike any other. First, every machine around me that normally could work without my help, worked faster than normal. My clock spun faster than the speed of light. My radio played Baby (Justin Bieber) extremely quickly. That sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks. Only worse!!! My A/C turned way up. I was so cold I was shivering. Every machine was overworking itself. My Bunsen burners looked like torches the way they were overworking themselves. The lights were extremely bright. Every mechanical device overworked itself.
         Next, my sinks started turning on and giving out this hot bubbly water. All of my precious chemicals were bubbling from their beakers and graduated cylinders. A glass of water I had in the lab started bubbling, even if it was in a food item or bottles of Powerade. I had no idea how they could do that when the room was so freezing.
         If everything together then didn’t drive me insane, when every solid thing starts to melt, it gets even worse. It started with the small things, beakers, graduated cylinders, cups, test tubes, papers, books, pens and pencils. Then the desks and cabinets melted. Once they were fully melted, that left this goo of that color on the floor. Then the walls melted away. I had no idea how all that could’ve happened. I was shoulder deep in goop.
         The goop together was baby barf green. That stuff was gross, it was slimy like a frog. It felt like a piece of apple in gelatin. I wasn’t suspended by it, but it was gross. My head was skillfully above the gross stuff. It held me in place.
         The goop solidified. Just thinking back on how it felt… It felt like mud was all over my body (well at least I hoped it was mud solidifying all onto my clothing and skin).
         It finally turned solid and I broke free. The world was dark, still in my lab, and everything was underlined in a lighter black.
         Then, all that whipped all over, left, right, up, down. Everything in my lab was flying all over me. I skillfully ducked everything. It was mayhem! The whole scene then exploded.
         Everything was pure black darkness. Then I felt shorter. I could tell since there seemed to be more darkness. I had shrunk at least a foot. Then I shrunk two feet. Then I shrunk and shrunk until I was a centimeter tall. I didn’t do this; I guess that is how someone passes into the Time-Space Continuum.
         The huge vortex came. So huge, even if I were normal size, it would be gargantuan! I was staring into my supposed death. I ran away as it sucked up the darkness, but I couldn’t resist too much longer, I also tripped. Struggling to get back up, the vortex took advantage. It came full force, right at me, swallowing me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment