Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Okay, now I am going to start playing around with what I like when I write. For example, the story I was going to post was full of popular culture no one cares about. I don't think people find that truly interesting. I am starting to find politics truly interesting.

I hate this transformation, kind of a "I hate myself for loving you" situation. I love watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, I have always loved those, but now I have fallen to the ranks of This Week, The Newsroom and Meet the Press. By the way, The Newsroom is awesome. The f bomb is in there at least once or twice every episode, as a warning. Since it is HBO they don't bleep it either. But if you can, watch it.

But this didn't inspire me to change what I am writing. Those gears have been playing around in my head for awhile, but I saw a piece on HG Wells. He is the author of The Time Machine, War of the Worlds, The Invisible Man and a couple others. The show was explaining the science behind each book and how the science to make HG Wells's dream into a reality. I saw how much the face of humankind was changed by those books. I discovered I wanted to write something important.

I have not gone the route of HG Wells, he was fascinated by science. I am fascinated, but researching science would not be a labor of love. So I went the Orwellian route, politics. George Orwell wrote Animal Farm and 1984 which both in a nutshell explained Communism and what its future effects may be. I have not quite gotten a hold on what I am going to write, but it will be interesting.

<3 HRT

No comments:

Post a Comment