Thursday, October 18, 2012

Origin Stories- Dmitry

Okay, believe it or not, Dmitry Sholokhov (Project Runway)'s win has a lot to do with this blog. My Dmitry character is based VERY loosely off of this real-life designer. They both have the same accent (I actually studied real Dmitry's accent so I could have it in my head when I was writing my Dmitry). They both are good dancers and the similarities stop there, despite the fact they have the same spelling and everything. Anyways, I thought real Dmitry's victory would give me a chance to explain where my Dmitry came from.

I didn't truly decide I needed a character named Dmitry until I watched Anastasia again and the longing for a character of that name just came too much to bear. For weeks I was trying to cram Dmitry into Carson and Lucy, but he just wouldn't fit, so I came up with this idea I had been trying to do ever since I started writing- the wizard school. I also had to break-up with my boyfriend to get this overwhelming surge of "what do I want in a guy?", so the night I broke up with him I made a list, which wound up being a non-instument playing and Canadian version of Dmitry. In the end, I wound up writing this character  who I am proud to call my favorite.

<3 HRT

No comments:

Post a Comment