Friday, March 23, 2012

Things to Keep in Mind for Chapter 2

In the original writing I tried at least five different ways to write this one quoted sentence from the story.  "I responded, getting a bonafide smile on my face." I then found the correct spelling of bonafide was bona fide, with a space. Since that looked weird I tried five different ways to get it to sound better so it ended up being "I responded, allowing a genuine smile to slip onto my face." That was just a fun fact. :)

Another fun fact :) is, when I first started writing this story, I felt a connection to the character introduced in this chapter, Alistair. Now, as I have developed both Annie and Alistair I am like both of them, but now a bit more like Annie.

And a warning :( I am now learning how to properly write dialogue in a book. So I looked at one page of Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment (awesome book) and mimic how it looked. So I may or may not have written that the way it should've been written.

Either way, I would enjoy this chapter since it is the introduction of the most important male character in the book. I am not promising anything, but I would LOVE to have chapters 3-5 online so I can just leave the notebook in my locker, since I am using a new notebook.

<3 HRT

No comments:

Post a Comment